Dry ice is a solid state of carbon dioxide (CO2), also known as carbon dioxide (CO2) snow. It looks like an ordinary ice (frozen water), and is solid as gypsum. At atmospheric pressure, liquid carbon dioxide converts to solid carbon dioxide snow at –79ºC (–109ºF). The solid phase of CO2 makes it extremely effective for products in mixers, blenders, containers, cartons and combos.
It is applied:
- To increase an expiration date and to provide safety of product during transportation.
- For cleaning of any complexity in any branch of industry;
- To obtain low temperatures during any research activities and tests;
- For cold fitting of car and hardware details;
- For hardening of alloyed and stainless steel and aluminium in order to increase its physical properties;
- For cooling of cutters during high-strength steel stock treatment.
- evaporates completely,
- without any bacteria and micro organisms,
- has refrigerative ability 3 times more then ordinary ice (by volume),
- not electrified,
- heavier then air,
- does not react with environment.
- temperature is -79 °С (at atmospheric pressure),
- sublimation heat - 573 kilojoule,
- sublimation coefficient is 1 kg of dry ice = 5,4 м3 of carbon dioxide,
- density - from 1,2 to 1,7 kg/dm3,
- content in air - 0,5%.
Advantages from collaboration with our company:
- High quality of carbon dioxide - raw material for dry ice production.
- Modern equipment gives opportunity to obtain dry ice of high quality.
- World experience of this product application and consultations of skilled specialists.